Senior Director, Information Technology Global Network Communications
- Batu Kawan, Simpang Ampat, Penang, Malaysia
- Business Function: Information Technology
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
- Location (Secondary): KL COE Office--LOC_WDT_KL COE
Western Digital creates environments for data to thrive. As a leader in data infrastructure, the company is driving the innovation needed to help customers capture, preserve, access and transform an ever-increasing diversity of data. Everywhere data lives, from advanced data centers to mobile sensors to personal devices, our industry-leading solutions deliver the possibilities of data. Western Digital data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
This role will report directly to the Vice President, Global Infrastructure and IT Operations. This leadership role will be responsible for leading the Global Network Communications team.
The head of Global Network Communications function will be responsible for the strategy development for the next generation world class wide area and local area networks. Areas of responsibility include strategic and tactical planning, network architecture and engineering, operational support and maintenance, budget management, vendor management, and cross functional leadership. This role is also responsible for driving annual operating plans in the network and telephony areas, and continuing to implement efficient and effective processes across its functional towers.
This role will manage one of the largest groups within the infrastructure organization and provide guidance to the directors that report in. This role is a key member of the senior management for information security and infrastructure for a global 200 company.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, Design, and implement global network communication vision and strategy
- Operational maintenance and support of the network and telephony systems and circuits
- Manage a global team covering network and communications architecture, engineering, and operations
- Implement transformational change, enhancing services while managing costs by focused on software defined networking
- Partner with heads of other groups to support the manufacturing, engineering, and SG&A requirements for technology
- Help develop the budget for lifecycle management and continuous network and communications upgrades
- Enhance the network monitoring capabilities using automation to facilitate bandwidth management and maintenance
- Continually research new technologies to help evolve communications strategy
- Work closely with the network security team to enhance network security architecture
- Bachelor’s degree
- Broad knowledge of network technologies, CCIE preferred.
- Experience in a complex, global engineering and manufacturing organization
- Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
- Demonstrated success in heading large, global network communications teams
- Experience delivering highly complex, global programs and projects
- Strong relationship management skills with executive stakeholders
- Deep and broad experience in corporate IT Infrastructure
- Understanding of corporate accounting and IT finance practices
- Experience in IT procurement, vendor management and supplier negotiations
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.