Senior Supervisor, Production Planning
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Production Planning
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for NPI production planning and fulfillment, including the required changes to loading plans up to managing daily NPI shipments in a timely fashion.
2. Work closely with assigned Technical Program Managers (TPM) to ensure readiness is done prior to WO creation/ Release
3. Manages Non-standard requirements prior to NPI loadings to minimize impact to line
4. Daily monitoring of WIP performance to ensure WO close on timely manner to meet shipment needs.
5. Daily clearance/ update of past due work order to ensure overall MRP is driven correctly
6. Timely release of DN based on Shipment Matrix from TPM
7. Working with and drive cross functional teams to accomplish KPI targets e.g. build plan execution, OTD, inventory management, cycle time performance and MLT.
8. Responsible to work with cross functional teams on ECO/ Quality/ Rework excursions.
9. Responsible for daily/ weekly/ monthly/ quarterly reporting for KPI areas.
10. Initiate & Drive improved Business or system process(es) to close gaps for continuous improvements.
· BS/ BA degree or equivalent with 3 or more years of related experience. **
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with good command of English
· Experience of SAP, I2, Oracle and MES (Manufacturing Execution System) is an added advantage
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites & Mathematics, especially in the Area of Statistics/Analysis,
· Understanding of Business or Manufacturing Operations & Knowledge of Supply Chain
· Basic Knowledge for Data Visualization
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.