Technician 3, Lab
- BangPa-In, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Thailand
- Business Function: Lab
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 1--LOC_WDT_TH1411
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Teardown drive failure analysis on Client and Enterprise products
- Perform drive/drive component failure analytical tests using proper procedures/methods with accurate data analysis as trained by DAS Lab engineer.
- Support engineer in failure drive teardown analysis on both factory and customer return failures
- Support engineer to maintain equipment performance in order to minimize equipment downtime
- Keep our laboratory clean and neat to ensure reliable data delivery
- Support and follow Legal requirements (EMS, OHSMS), Regulatory Requirements e.g., RBA, QMS, IMS.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Diploma or higher in Chemical, Scientific, Electrical, Mechanical or related field.
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience working in Chemical, Scientific, Laboratory, or any related position in Electronics Industry or related business.
- Have working experience in hard disk drive or electronics industry
- Experienced in Failure Analysis or analytical instruments (SEM/EDX, AFM, FT-IR, etc.) is more advantageous.
- Contamination analysis or HDD failure analysis background is more advantageous.
- Fair in Microsoft Office tools such as Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
- Fair in Reading, Writing, and listening of English
- Technical skill for Lab equipment
- Good inter-personal skill
- Communication skills
- Coordination skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Able to develop relationships of trust and confidence with team and work as good teamwork
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.