Staff Engineer, Tooling Development Engineering
- Amphoe Si Maha Phot, PRACHIN BURI, Thailand
- Business Function: Development Engineering
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Tooling Development Engineering
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, Design, and Deploy automated or manual Tooling to assemble HDA/HSA prior to transfer to HVM engineering (from clean room to backend).
- Project manager / lead/ coordinator for vendor outsourced projects.
- Tooling lead/ coordinator and schedule owner for NPL lines & tooling development projects.
- Support APM in program scoping (tooling impact, cost & schedule).
- Support DFM studies, QFD, TCTF, FEA, DOE, engineering analysis (tolerance studies, GR&R, FEA, simulations, engineering calculations, etc.)
- Prepare WEDR reviews – TDRD-FMEA, concept review, final design.
- Prepare & maintain tool documentations – Design review, technical drawings & schematics, BOM, spare parts, setup, preventive maintenance.
- Manage databases - eTRF, ePDM, AME design rules, tooling conversion costs.
- Capital preparation: NPL and prototype development budget estimates, calculate ROI, justify to CRB, support MPS replication planning.
- Support HVM 1st line replication planning and execution.
- Manage tool logistics/ shipments, and related resources.
- Manage R&D & NPL budget & procurement (budget forecast, spending control & monitoring, PR justifications, vendor selection & asset transfers).
- Provide 1st level support to NPL & HVM technicians (training & supervision) for lab prototype setup and production tool related issues.
- SMEs (subject matter experts) in HDA/ HSA assembly technologies - vision systems, screw driving, pick & place, AGV (auto gage verification), screw auto feed, auto dycem, measurement devices, control systems, and qualified SEMI S2 internal auditors.
- Sustaining support – prototype designs & evaluations for continuous KPI improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineer, martial analysis, Industrial Technology or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical design, Tooling Development Engineering or other related position
- Solid work program
- Concept of ISO 9000,9001,14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Geometric dimensioning and Tolerance.
- SI-Mechanical Version 5.14
- Process flow/DOE
- System problem solving
- Knowledge in ESD/Contamination
- Able to use Solid work to design tooling and fixture for product qualification/ prototype/automation system
- Able to track data, analyze and solve the problems on HSA tooling fixtures &Equipment to perform corrective actions to meet customers’ requirements accordingly.
- Thoroughly understand GDT concept, and application, and be able to train others to appropriate use for tooling fixture design.
- Good command in spoken and written.
- Good knowledge in Technical/analytical/Mechanical analysis.
- Computer literate
- Problem-solving skill
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.