Engineer, Data Engineering (Machine Learning Engineer)
- BangPa-In, Thailand
- Business Function: Data Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 1--LOC_WDT_TH1411
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
As a Machine Learning Engineer / Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for applying the methods of machine learning to solving engineering and operational challenges in the Slider Fabrication factory. The methods you will use include unsupervised methods such as anomaly detection and clustering, traditional supervised machine learning methods such as decision tree ensembles, forecasting methods such as ARIMA, and deep learning methods, for both relational and image data. You will be responsible for the whole ML pipeline, from collecting and pre-processing the data, to training the models, to operationalizing and maintaining those models.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with stakeholders in IT, Engineering and Operations, and Analytics to become a subject matter expert for machine learning.
- Participate in or lead projects to achieve key business and analytics objectives using the techniques of machine learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Mathematics / Engineering, or equivalent. M.S. degrees are welcome, but not required.
- Strong understanding of the concepts of machine learning, including bias/variance tradeoffs, cross-validation, model optimization, and model scoring/performance assessment.
- Strong working knowledge of Python and SQL.
- 0 - 2 years of experience working in data architecture/engineering / quality is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in a manufacturing company would be helpful.
- Strong passion to learn: the desire and capability to learn will be as significant to long-term success at WD as pre-existing knowledge for this position, and probably more.
- Strong analytical thinking, with strong attention to detail and willingness to pursue data consistency and quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English, and ability to work in cross-cultural teams.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.