Senior Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Manufacturing Engineering
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is part of product design team who in charge for all mechanical related activities.
- Provide robust mechanical design and technical support of SSD products and components throughout product lifecycle.
- Design assemblies and components using SolidWorks. Product design experience preferred, but not required.
- Prepare detailed drawings and bills of materials for the fabrication and assembly of equipment.
- Provide analysis of drive systems, structural assemblies and sub-components using basic calculation methods and Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Interface with manufacturing to support product assembly, testing, troubleshooting and installation.
- Support supply chain to provide vendor quotes, estimates, and technical interface.
- Interface with project/product management to ensure projects meet schedule and delivery requirements.
- Lead and participate in design reviews with cross functional teams and customers.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication.
- Skilled at 3D modeling and detail drawing (e.g. SolidWorks, NX, Inventor).
- Ability to perform mechanical analysis using FEA and hand calculations.
- Ability to manage and complete work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques including machining, sheet metal and welding fabrication.
- Good time management.
- Ability to lead cross functional project teams.
- Adaptable to rapidly changing environment.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical systems, their design, and supporting analysis.
- Broad knowledge of documentation and quality systems, including engineering change and ISO 9001.
- Bachelors Degree or Master in Mechanical Engineering
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.