New College Graduate(ECE, Physics) - Engineer, Development Engineering
- Biñan, Philippines
- Business Function: Manufacturing Engineering
- Work Location: Biñan HICAP Office--LOC_HGST_PHL01
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Execute pre-defined magnetic testing as documented in the design of experiment.
- Develop and modify software for magnetic testing and characterization
- Perform bench testing of magnetic recording heads
- Apply statistical methods and device level knowledge to provide performance analysis based on experimental results.
- Own test time reduction and test issue resolution to drive testing quality and efficiency.
- Complies at all times with the Environment, Health and Safety, Manufacturing Quality Standards, and Rules and Regulations of the Site.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS Applied Physics or BS ECE
- Knowledge in programming for instrument control (LabVIEW, C++, Python)
- Previous experience in spinstand testing of magnetic read/write heads.
- Board Passer for EE or ECE and BS degree for Physics/Applied Physics (Instrumentation) applicants
- Basic understanding of magnetic devices.
- Working knowledge of engineering statistics (GRR, SPC, Correlation, etc)
- Data Analysis tools – JMP, Minitab, Excel, R
- Can understand designs of experiments and develop appropriate test and characterization plan.
- Demonstrated ability to use statistical methods to generate high quality test and characterization reports based on generated test data.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.