Operations Rotational Engineering New College Grad Program
- Milpitas, CA 95035, USA
- Business Function: Industrial Engineering
- Work Location: Milpitas Office--LOC_WDT_USCA25
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
We are seeking highly motivated university students ready to contribute hands-on alongside our Silicon Operations teams as you develop your career. University students who graduated or are graduating from May 2020 to May 2022 with a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Engineering Management, Supply Chain Management, Data Science, or related field are encouraged to apply. You will be considered for current and upcoming available new college grad roles. Silicon Operations is responsible for delivering our products at a low cost, at a high-volume scale, and with the highest product quality within a very short cycle time. Team members work together to manage all production, planning and order management functions from the time the memory wafers leave our factories in Asia, until they are confirmed and shipped to our customers in final product form. The rotation program enables you to learn and grow across various areas before settling in the best fit role:
- Capacity Planning
- Silicon Planning
- Product Supply Planning
- Program Mgmt.
- Wafer/Fab Ops
- Product Transition Planning
- Product Eng/Test Eng
- Demand Planning
- Logistics/Retail Fulfillment
- Business Operations
What is the LAUNCH Program? The LAUNCH Program is a supplemental, year-long program to introduce you into corporate insights and company culture. In this program, you will navigate through starting and launching your career towards your long-term aspirations. LAUNCH Program elements include:
- Exposure to training opportunities
- Comprehensive rewards & recognition insight
- Professional insights from leaders and professionals
- Engaging networking activities with cohort
- Equity, Inclusion & Diversity and Global Giving & Doing events
Where are these roles located? You’ll have the opportunity to work with teams in:
- Milpitas, California
- San Jose, California
- University students who graduated or are graduating from May 2020 to May 2022 with a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Engineering Management, Supply Chain Management, Data Science, or related field
- Proficiency with Tableau, Excel, BI, and statistical modeling
- Able to navigate through large amounts of data to recognize issues and identify solutions
- Team-oriented with ability to work effectively globally across multiple organizations including with internal/external customers and factories
- Effective Communicator, upwards, downwards, and across the organization. Knowledge of the audience, efficient use of interaction to foster alignment, action, and decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Interest in HDD, flash, semiconductor, components, nonvolatile memory industry
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.