Senior Engineer, Firmware Verification Engineering
- Bengaluru, India
- Employees can work remotely
- Business Function: Firmware Verification Engineering
- Work Location: Bangalore PTP Office (IBP)--LOC_WDT_IBP
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
We need Firmware verification engineers who understand UFS/eMMC embedded NAND system design and firmware algorithms in order to create a firmware design verification plans and implement them in modern object oriented languages.
· Work closely with the system architects and the firmware team to develop design verification plans, test bench and test cases
· Debug the firmware and expose design issues
· Design functional tests required to meet customer needs
· Work with customers to understand field bugs and to enhance the validation coverage
· Interface with all key stakeholders to ensure product validation meets customer expectations and needs
Technical and analytical skills required
· Understanding of storage concepts.
· Strong programming knowledge & debugging skills in Python, C and C++.
· Soft skills, Excellent written and verbal skills, be a Team player
· Able to develop key relationships
· Able to elect requirements from all stakeholders
· Be able to work in pressure for quick resolution and delivery.
· Fresher/ less than 2 years in storage related segments
- Fresher/ less than 2 years in storage related segments
- B.E/B Tech or equivalent degree
- Good in programming language : C/Python/C++
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.