Senior Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering
- Batu Kawan, Simpang Ampat, Penang, Malaysia
- Business Function: Manufacturing Engineering
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Business Process Operation/Engineering related activities.
- Responsible for improvement, optimization, and implementation of manufacturing process initiatives
- Develop and maintain business process project timelines and track closure on all stages of implementations
- Performing analysis on business processes related to productivity, quality, costs, and time management.
- Perform statistically robust and industry standard analysis of data, and coordinate improvement strategies with internal stakeholders.
- Deployment of business process improvements through change management process
- Perform Risk Assessment prior to implementing changes in manufacturing/operation
- Document all change details in Agile System
- Bachelor Degree in Science/Engineering
- 5+ years of process engineering experience in manufacturing industry.
- Silicon-In-Package (SIP)/Semiconductor knowledge will be an added advantage
- Experience in business process improvements/new product development/program management knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Minimum three years' experience in EMS based manufacturing
- Familiar with data analysis, problem solving, lean culture, FMEA & DMAIC methodology
- Ability to run self-directed projects, maintain timelines, stay organized, and balance multiple activities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new/challenging things.
- Excellent communication - written and verbal.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.