Technician 2, Process
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Process
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position, the individual will be responsible for fully supporting the engineer/department manager on the development of the Company goals, strategy and tactics. The most important being the ability to work with the team to assure the good execution. The individual will work with the team to fully support the company and department goals on yield, quality, and cost, utilization, productivity and cycle time. Knowledgeable in the semiconductor process flow.
• Documentation: SOP, WI, FMEA, OCAP and Control Plan for related process.
• Assist engineer for new material/component first articles inspection and final buyoff.
• Assist engineer in continuous improvement on direct/indirect material cost down, UPH & yield enhancement program.
• Assist engineer in AI/engineering build, execute DOE/ evaluation and data collection
• Manage engineer’s logistic needs.
• Any other duties assigned from time base on schedule and unscheduled activities
• Handle abnormal Lots disposition & RCA
• Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical/Material/Electrical/Physics Engineering
• 2+ years of process engineering experience in semiconductor assembly and test manufacturing plant.
• Must have experience and knowledge at FOL Assembly process, especially on the wafer sawing, back grinding and laser grooving are more preferable.
• Create program, optimization, manage golden recipe and follow up the Manufacturing/Engineering lot.
• A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze problems.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.