Director, Operations Strategy
- San Jose, CA
- Business Function: Program Management Engineering
- Work Location: San Jose Great Oaks Headquarters--LOC_WDT_USCA23
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
Everywhere data lives, we are a key partner to the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to making cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands (hint: binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately?). And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This director of operations strategy role reports into the Global Operation’s Chief of Staff and Strategy department
- The director focuses on the future of Global Operations, anticipating, developing and implementing strategies that take Global Operations to world class performance
- Anticipate opportunities, risks and emerging industry trends for manufacturing and supply chains.
- Analyze leading indicators for industries’ emerging operational excellence indicators, best practices and leading operation technologies.
- Define key relevant indicators for operational excellence that will bring impacts and values to bottom line delivery.
- Design processes to surface out internal best practices, innovative ideas for transformational improvement.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, especially the business units to surface new market requirements that leads to operation strategy changes.
- Underpin strategic change initiatives with clearly defined imperatives and goals, drives buy-in’s from leadership teams.
- Design framework, structure & process for strategy execution.
- Project manage initiatives from definition, implementation to documentation of new business process to sustain.
- BS/MS in business or technology field, MBA preferred
- 8+ years of experience in business strategy, technology and/or operations, preferably at top-tier technology or consulting companies.
- Strong experience in operations, manufacturing and supply chain technologies.
- Experience in industry benchmarking, market and emerging trend analysis.
- Strong understanding of business operation excellence and transformation best practices and standards – bringing in outside expertise and subject matter excellence.
- Demonstrated aptitude for critical decision making with an ability to bring strategic, operational and financial perspectives to bear on those decisions.
- Natural leadership that inspires cross-functional partnership with a demonstrated record of driving consensus on objectives and trade-offs across the enterprise through collaborative influence.
- Proven records in implementing large scale, complex technology, operation and global organizational transformations.
- Can do attitude and ability to work effectively in a matrix organization structure with significant emphasis on collaboration, influence and persuasion, rather than relying entirely on command and control.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.