Analyst 3, Business Applications
- Batu Kawan, Simpang Ampat, Penang, Malaysia
- Business Function: Business Applications
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Team is looking for Business Application with good understanding and knowledge in Equipment Integration (SECS/GEM), .NET (C# and VB), Java for Android, Web Service, Web development, Database (Oracle and SQL Server) and Ruby on rails. Work closely with factory and internal IT team for requirement gathering, planning, design, build, qualify, deploy and documentation for support team to keep the business running. Experience in system implementation from start to the end.
Role and Responsibility:
- System / Automation application development
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective to meet user requirements.
- Responsible to communicate with various depart and level of stakeholder to gather user requirement, analyze and provide suitable solution by applying concept of reusability, scalability, flexibility, simple and standard.
- Responsible to handle operation reported automated issue and drive RCA and apply preventive solution and measurement.
- Follow each SDLC phases by managing each of the phase is well documented and execute as per requirement and specification
- Project Management
- Analysis user requirement and provide proper solution.
- Document on requirement and specification.
- Support the production to meet the goals on quality, yield, cost, utilization and cycle time.
- Define, construct, implement, and support APC system with application environment.
- Design, develop, and implement custom database application for internal customers.
- Continuous improvement effort to improve repeating issue with better solution.
- Provide support documentation and training to 24 * 7 application support team.
- Requires BS/BA degree in Electronics Engineering, Automation, Computer Technology or related major with 5 or more years of related experience.
- Require good written and verbal in English and Mandarin.
- Require good communication skills with other groups.
- Have working experience in Semiconductor Back-End or SMT (Surface Mount Technology) industry.
Generic & Functional Skills / competencies
- Experienced on .net (C#/VB) / Java programming.
- Experienced on database SQL queries.
- Knowledge of XML, Web Service and JSON
- Knowledge of SQLite and working experience with SQL databases
- Coding standards, organizational programming skills and good commenting practices
- Experience on Android development will be an advantage.
- Have experience/Knowledge on Semiconductor equipment communication interface (SECS/GEM)
- Have experience/Knowledge on Applied Material E3, RTD and Fault Detection Application will be an advantage.
- Have experience/Knowledge on CAMSTAR (Semi or Electronic Suite) with development will be an advantage.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.