Analyst 3, IT Business Applications
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Business Applications
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
We are looking for business application analyst 3 with good understanding and knowledge in in Equipment Integration (SECS/GEM), .NET (C# and VB), Web Service, Web development, Database (Oracle and SQL Server) and TFS. Work closely with factory and internal IT team for requirement gathering, planning, design, build, qualify, deploy and documentation for support team to keep the business running. Experience in system implementation from start to the end.
Role and Responsibility:
- System / Automation application development to support factory automation requirement.
- Analyzes business problems and provide resolution with efficient solution and approach.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluate and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective to meet user requirements.
- Responsible to communicate with various department and level of stakeholder to gather user requirement, analyze and provide right solution by applying concept of reusability, scalability, flexibility, simple and standard.
- Responsible to handle operation reported operation issue and drive RCA and apply preventive solution and measurement.
- Follow each SDLC phases by managing each of the phase is well documented and execute as per requirement and specification.
- Responsible as project leader role or member to liaise with project stakeholder and contractor in each project development cycle.
- Continuously looking for system improvement opportunity to enable advance automation integration, system scalability, system stability that benefits to department and organization.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze user requirement and provide suitable solution by enhancing current automation system or possible new system.
- Follow each solution change process by adhering to IT change management process.
- Proactively provide updates on each assigned task or manages project member task.
- Participate and take necessary lead in managing project phase execution, deployment and sustaining activity.
- Document and follow up on requirement and specification from requestor.
- Support the production to meet the goals on quality, yield, cost, utilization, and cycle time.
- Define, construct, implement, and support automation system with highly integrated environment.
- Understand current system database structure or plan, design, develop, and implement custom database application for application needs.
- Involve in continuous improvement effort to improve repeating issue with better solution.
- Provide support documentation and training to 24 * 7 application support team.
- Work collaboratively with multiple IT team and business team in fulfilling request or issue resolution.
- Requires BS/BA degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering, Automation, Information Technology, Computer Science or related major with 5 years or more of related experience.
- Require good written and verbal English/Mandarin.
- Require good communication skills with other groups.
- Have working experience in SMT (Surface Mount Technology) or Semiconductor Back-End industry.
- Highly integrated automation and manufacturing system environment.
- Experienced on .net (C#/VB) / Java programming.
- Experienced on database SQL queries.
- Knowledge of XML, Web Service and JSON.
- Knowledge of SQL and working experience with SQL databases.
- Coding standards, organizational programming skills and good commenting practices.
- Experience on Android development will be an advantage.
- Have Experience/Knowledge on Semiconductor equipment communication interface (SECS/GEM)
- Have Experience/Knowledge on Applied Material E3, RTD and Fault Detection Application will be an advantage.
- Have Experience/Knowledge on CAMSTAR (Semi or Electronic Suite) with development will be an advantage.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.