Senior Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineering
- Batu Kawan, Simpang Ampat, Penang, Malaysia
- Business Function: Quality Assurance Engineering
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Ensure product quality from manufacturing introduction to completion.
- Ensures that products shipped meet specifications and quality requirements.
- Drive local and US product Engineering team in resolving product quality related issues and focus on continuous quality improvement
- Interface with Product Engineering, Product Design, FAB and customer engineers when test/product quality related issues happened.
- Develops, implements, and maintains technical product quality assurance and control systems.
- Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for product quality testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of products.
- Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations.
- Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data.
- Review and buy-off major changes of test programs and flows
- Drive continuous improvement of test program change validation process with Product and Test Engineers
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent with 5 or more years of related experience in Semiconductor Industry preferably in Product Engineering.
- Experience in memory product testing, reliability, quality, statistics and data mining.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) in English and interaction skills.
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and limited resource environment.
- Systematic with good problem solving, analysis and project management skills.
- Dynamic, motivated, and results oriented creative thinker.
- Excellent team player and willing to learn.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.