Environmental Sustainability Program Manager
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Legal Operations
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
- Location (Secondary): Shanghai SNDK Minhang Office--LOC_SNDK_Shanghai SNDK Minhang
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The Program Manager, Corporate Sustainability will play a key role in implementing Western Digital’s global sustainability strategy, reporting directly to the Senior Director leading the corporate sustainability function. With primary responsibility for driving progress toward the company’s environmental goals, this individual will work closely with a cross-functional team to collect and analyze data and drive substantive progress worldwide. He/she will also develop and coordinate supply chain capacity building, support global sustainability reporting efforts, and manage sustainability initiatives and communications throughout the Asia Pacific region.
- Direct and implement the company’s environmental sustainability strategy.
- Develop metrics and benchmarks for ongoing measurement of progress in corporate sustainability, with particular focus on environmental issues.
- Collaborate with Western Digital’s Supply Chain team to drive sustainability-related engagement and capacity building with our supply chain.
- Support annual and ongoing reporting of corporate sustainability information, in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and launch regional sustainability communications and collaboratively manage a sustainability-focused employee engagement program.
- Advocate for sustainable business practices within our operations in the APAC region.
- Monitor and share best practices with the organization on environmental issues.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure highest level of performance and results.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 8+ years related professional experience, preferably including experience at a technology and/or manufacturing company.
- English proficiency is required; proficiency in Mandarin, Bahasa Malaysia and/or Thai is preferred.
- Experience with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and renewable energy certification platforms is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and derive actionable intelligence from large datasets.
- Proven ability to proactively build relationships and navigate organizational complexities; skilled at collaborating and influencing up and down the organization and across global sites.
- Outstanding judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust, confidence and excitement through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with multiple functional units and with employees of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.