Engineer, Product Design Engineering (FRESH GRAD ONLY)
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Product Design Engineering
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Define requirements for test plans including but not limited to hardware requirements, defect coverage, process flow, and test time
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the memory devices
- Develop experiments with business partners to improve yield and overall manufacturing feasibility
- Demonstrate good understanding and application of department processes, tools and systems.
- Ensure all test programs, scripts, and any other software adhere to the release quality standards.
- Standardize methods and processes across areas, departments, and sites as appropriate
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electronics with CGPA ≥ 3.3
- Good programming skills; Python/C/C++ knowledge will be an added advantage
- Solid analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of semiconductor device physics will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environment will be an added advantage
- Prioritize tasks and projects based on site and corporate objectives
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks in an organized manner
- Demonstrate ability to leverage on existing resources
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.