Principal Engineer, Software Development Engineering (Apps)
- Bangalore, India
- Business Function: Software Development Engineering (Apps)
- Work Location: Bangalore SNDK Office--LOCATION-3-265
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
- Work as Lead Developer/Architect in the SWT COE team handling automation projects
- Responsible for requirement clarification, scope definition low level design, feature development and delivery of the owned module
- Act as an subject-matter-expert in one or more technology areas used in the respective project
- Help colleagues in ensuring the successful and on-time delivery of builds
- The successful candidate must be capable of implementing next generation technology. They must be able to solve problems daily, schedule time appropriately, overcome technical challenges related to high-speed digital systems. The ability to interface comfortably with cross-functional teams is necessary
- 5-12 years of experience in software development using either .Net or JAVA family of technologies.
- Strong Web Development skills
- Hands on client side scripting/UI frameworks
- Very well versed with Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Strong relational database skills
- Ability to efficiently create queries, write Stored Procedures, design entity relationships.
- Ability to ensure data integrity and having un-compromised performance
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Troubleshooting capabilities
- Familiarity with debugging tools and techniques
- Good communication skills
- Motivated individual who is excited to work in dynamic environment. And who respect values and adhere to work ethics.
- Knowledge of tools like JIRA, Jenkins, Puppet, Git, BitBucket.
- Basic skills of any scripting language like PowerShell, Python
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development or with any unit testing framework
- Familiarity of debugging tools
- Debug Diag, WinDBG, Network Monitoring tools, Windows Performance Monitor
- Familiar with Linux and WAN/LAN/Cloud Networking
- Familiar with SVN and Jenkins
- SQL Server (2008 or higher) / MongoDB
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kafka
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.