Junior Python Developer
- BangPa-In, Thailand
- Business Function: Data Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 1--LOC_WDT_TH1411
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
As a Python Developer you will be responsible for maintaining and writing robust, performant, and maintainable Python code to support all phases of analytics application development, including database interactions, data cleaning, machine learning, visualization, testing, process automation, web application development, containerization, and service deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work across functions with stakeholders in IT, Engineering, Operations, and Analytics to become a subject matter expert and valued resource for Python software development to support critical business functions.
- Act as a bridge between the key analytics stakeholders, including business users, IT and data infrastructure specialists, machine learning specialists, and dashboard developers, ensuring non-overlapping skill sets can combine into practical and sustainable software solutions.
- Maintain, refactor, optimize, develop, and architect new and existing code, whatever is required to maximize business value from these solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science / Engineering, or equivalent. M.S. are welcome, but not required.
- Strong understanding of Python 3 concepts and fundamentals, including syntax, common data structures, testing, and functional and object-oriented programming basics. Submission of example work may be required.
- Working knowledge of common included packages, preferably including common packages used in analytics, such as numpy, pandas, matplotlib, and sqlalchemy, along with popular web and API frameworks such as fastapi, flask, dash, or django.
- 1-3 years of experience in Python 3 software development.
- Familiarity with Docker or other containerization platforms.
- Familiarity with git-based version control.
- Strong passion to learn: the desire and capability to learn will be more significant to success at WD than pre-existing knowledge for this position.
- Strong analytical thinking, with strong attention to detail and willingness to pursue data consistency and quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English, and ability to work in cross-cultural teams.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.