Principal Engineer, Product Design Engineering
- BangPa-In, Thailand
- Business Function: Product Design Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 3--LOC_WDT_TH1413
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Head Disk Integration (HDI=Tribology) related work for product improvement (yield/reliability/test time).
- Managing the projects for Head and Media improvement qualification.
- Support HDI work for new technology/feature and HDI related failure analysis.
- Failur analysis in HDD process and Test process relationg to HDI.
- Data analysis and driving Head and Media Components team for next level improvements and ensuring quality and minimizing any excursion.
- Support deep dive investigation relating to RSS areas.
- Enhance the work quality and time-to-deliver the solutions, and improve yield/reliability/test time for cost improvement with best quality possible.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information’s and trends.
- Involvement in new product development to support product characterization to ensure quality margin is met.
- Bachelor’s degree of Engineering or higher in Chemical/Material/Mechanical, Electrical or related fields.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in HDD/Head/Media manufacturing.
- Knowledge in HDD and/or Head/Media design/process.
- Knowledge in HDD manufacturing and test process, Head & Media design, Project management or related field will be advantage.
- Good in English communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
- Work to succeed, attention to details, proactive, strong ownership and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal and relational skills to develop a good relationship within the organization and able to convey and deliver the key message in a clear, and concise manner.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.