Principal Engineer, Product Design Engineering
- BangPa-In, Thailand
- Business Function: Product Design Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 3--LOC_WDT_TH1413
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Head Disk Integration (HDI=Tribology) related work for product improvement (yield/reliability/test time).
- Managing the projects for Head and Media improvement qualification.
- Support HDI work for new technology/feature and HDI related failure analysis.
- Failur analysis in HDD process and Test process relationg to HDI.
- Data analysis and driving Head and Media Components team for next level improvements and ensuring quality and minimizing any excursion.
- Support deep dive investigation relating to RSS areas.
- Enhance the work quality and time-to-deliver the solutions, and improve yield/reliability/test time for cost improvement with best quality possible.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information’s and trends.
- Involvement in new product development to support product characterization to ensure quality margin is met.
- Bachelor’s degree of Engineering or higher in Chemical/Material/Mechanical, Electrical or related fields.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in HDD/Head/Media manufacturing.
- Knowledge in HDD and/or Head/Media design/process.
- Knowledge in HDD manufacturing and test process, Head & Media design, Project management or related field will be advantage.
- Good in English communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
- Work to succeed, attention to details, proactive, strong ownership and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal and relational skills to develop a good relationship within the organization and able to convey and deliver the key message in a clear, and concise manner.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.