EHS Director, APAC
- Srimahaphote, Prachin Buri, Thailand
- Business Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Work Location: Prachin Buri--LOC_HGST_2THBS
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act with a sense of purpose, motivation and initiative independently to determine and complete critical actions
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of strategic programs and procedures necessary to ensure the safety of employees, customers/clients, contractors, suppliers, or visitors of Western Digital and the compliance of our operations to regulations and international standards
- Collaborate with and develop excellent working relationships with all Global EHS stakeholders (including relevant Western Digital project teams such as IMS, Corporate Sustainability, Learning Management System development team, etc.) to ensure superior operational outcome and service delivery
- Drive to improve EHS operations by providing trending analysis, establishing standard documentation workflows across sites, aligning processes and documentation with IMS expectations, aligning training needs, identifying and pursuing tools to improve global process efficiencies, etc.
- Oversee the implementation of global EHS strategies, action plans and programs in alignment with corporate, functional, and departmental playbooks with a focus on our Asia manufacturing locations
- Align projects, programs, operations and training needs with strategic objectives
- Support change management as it pertains to dynamic EHS needs
- Bachelor's degree/10+ years related work experience; or Master’s degree/8+ years related work experience
- Demonstrated EHS program management experience with an emphasis in health and safety, or a combination of education and direct experience.
- Prior experience in high-tech manufacturing environments
- Project management and relevant EHS certifications a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong verbal presentation skills and executive presence to communicate planning strategy and concepts to leadership, stakeholders and staff
- Team player who has successfully worked in a matrixed organization and demonstrates the strength of team, is adaptable and is capable of driving change
- Knowledge of Asia EHS regulatory frameworks, particularly as they apply to high-tech manufacturing
- Ability to effectively interpret and apply policy and procedure
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to track all work and key metrics in tracking systems (primarily based on Smartsheet)
- Ability to process work quickly, accurately and with changing priorities
- Proficiency with office systems and tools (e.g., Microsoft Office, Mac tools, Tableau, Smartsheet)
- Exceptional project management and organization skills with an ability to guide others to deliver
- Experience in developing business processes and business process mapping
- Advanced relationship building skills
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.