Technician 3, Production Test
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Production Test
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
As the Test Technician performing the role of Manufacturing Technician Support, you are focused, problem solver, team player, and have exceptional communications and technical skills. You should be an enthusiastic; motivational role model with a sincere interest in efficiency and quality of output of assigned machines and of the process. You would be directly responsible for technical support for Blade Maintenance /FA process. A knowledge in electronics, pneumatics, basic programing is an advantage. Being in BE Manufacturing Engineering, you will be able to apply and enhance your technical skills and contribute to technologies introduced by Western Digital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform test program buy-offs and product qualification related to test
- Perform Failure Analysis for product yield improvement to meet yield and QUALITY targets;
- Sustain products with cost reduction and yield improvement projects.
- Participate in TTR activities, including slides preparation and data collection.
- Perform Program and Production Checkout, ECO checkouts, SO Activities, Routing Updates – CAMSTAR
- Attend meetings to present data as per required.
- Diploma degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or relevant courses with minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 4-6 years’ experience in semiconductor testing and/or product engineering preferred;
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze complex problems, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Good team work, willing to learn, logical thinker and able to work under pressure
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.