Technician 3, Production Test
- Batu Kawan, Malaysia
- Business Function: Production Test
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
As the Test Technician performing the role of Manufacturing Technician Support, you are focused, problem solver, team player, and have exceptional communications and technical skills. You should be an enthusiastic; motivational role model with a sincere interest in efficiency and quality of output of assigned machines and of the process. You would be directly responsible for technical support for Blade Maintenance /FA process. A knowledge in electronics, pneumatics, basic programing is an advantage. Being in BE Manufacturing Engineering, you will be able to apply and enhance your technical skills and contribute to technologies introduced by Western Digital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform test program buy-offs and product qualification related to test
- Perform Failure Analysis for product yield improvement to meet yield and QUALITY targets;
- Sustain products with cost reduction and yield improvement projects.
- Participate in TTR activities, including slides preparation and data collection.
- Perform Program and Production Checkout, ECO checkouts, SO Activities, Routing Updates – CAMSTAR
- Attend meetings to present data as per required.
- Diploma degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or relevant courses with minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 4-6 years’ experience in semiconductor testing and/or product engineering preferred;
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze complex problems, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Good team work, willing to learn, logical thinker and able to work under pressure
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.