Staff Engineer, Industrial Engineering
- BangPa-in, PHRA NAKHON SI AYUTTHAYA, Thailand
- Business Function: Industrial Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 2--LOC_WDT_TH1412
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capacity planning for assigned operations. Acquisition equipment to support capacity plan for SF/HGA/HSA
- Capacity Plan per Demand ramp
- Allocate equipment capacity per requirement
- Coordinate on Activity to support daily/weekly plan
- Coordinate on capacity related such as new process, modify or change of process
- Manage capacity to support MPS/R8Q and provide opportunity
- Provide and work on OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- Initiate and Collaborate on Productivity Improvement
- Cost structure analysis and Drive cost reduction project throughout the site
- Provide standard on LHPU (Labor hour per unit), MCT (Mfg. Cycle Time), Line Balancing and all other standards
- Ensure commonality/standardization among same processes/system within related manufacturing sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience working in the factory environment
- Advanced skills in MS Offices and MS Project
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Previous experience in Planning and Execution in IE jobs in the factory environment
- Previous experience in Cost reduction, Cost structure analysis
- AUTOCAD, Minitab, and Simulation will be an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and relational skills, with the ability to quickly develop relationships of trust and confidence with a variety of people and personalities, at all levels within an organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong active listening skills with the ability to ask thoughtful and probing questions to determine client needs
- Ability to make clear, logical decisions based on facts, taking into consideration the big picture, long and short term effects, and exercising sound judgment when handling complaints, confidential and sensitive issues
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent positive results through influencing, coordinating and managing the efforts of others
- Ability to solve immediate problems
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.