Engineer, Firmware / Failure Analysis Engineering
- BangPa-in, PHRA NAKHON SI AYUTTHAYA, Thailand
- Employees can work remotely
- Business Function: Servo Mechanical Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 3--LOC_WDT_TH1413
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide accurate & thorough analysis of failures related to Servo Writing process in timely fashion
- Act as contact point to close any quality and yield issues that pertains to Servo Writing process
- Own and plan improvement activities for Servo-Write KPIs. Drive for continuous Improvement following DMAIC concepts (Define/Measure/Analyze/Improve/Control).
- Be accountable for any issue (yield, test time and quality issues) that relates to Servo Writing and provide Corrective Action / Preventive Action following 8D principles.
- Contribute to company's bottom-line in form of technical projects and personal studies
- A Bachelor/Master’s Degree or higher in Electrical/Electronics/Computer/Mechatronics Engineering or related fields.
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years of experience in Failure Analysis, Product Engineering, Process Engineering (electronics), Test Engineer or related field.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Familiarity with Programming in C/C++ and Scripting in Python, MATLAB or Lua
- Familiarity with Statistical Analysis Software (Minitab & JMP) will be an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate a good level of English proficiency (written / verbal)
- Strong listening, communication, interpersonal and relational skills to develop a good relationship within the organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work collaboratively in a team environment
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.