Staff Firmware Validation Engineer 1
- Bangalore, India
- Business Function: Firmware Engineering
- Work Location: Bangalore PTP Office (IBP)--LOC_WDT_IBP
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Innovating at the Boundaries of Technology: Whether in your pocket, home, car, or the cloud, its likely Western Digital is with you every step of the way. It's a responsibility we don't take lightly. That's why we are always at the cusp of innovation, pushing the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible. The next big thing in data is you! Shape the future & define what's possible. Come shape the future with us. For more information about us, please visit us at www.wdc.com
Develop validation strategy including test methodology for embedded flash firmware.
Innovative approach for building the best in class tests packages for validating the firmware.
Effective and Efficient - Analysis, design, program, debug and modification of test software and Firmware .
Failure analysis to find the root cause of failure and the solution.
Review testing requirements and influence future SanDisk product design for debug and test.
Interface with stakeholders to ensure firmware verification meets product expectations and needs.
Achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
Continuously improve the existing processes and systems to keep them up to date with the customer needs and industry trends.
- Job Description
• Minimum 6+ years in Storage or Embedded industry segments
• Experience in Firmware validation, Test development, White box testing and debugging.
• Experience in programming - Python (must) C, C++, Perl.
• Knowledge of SSD Firmware Architecture and experience in SATA/SAS/NVMe/PCIe protocols.
• Experience in doing failure analysis with respect to reproducing and root causing the issues
• Knowledge of IO tools , Protocol analyzers, Debugging tools
• Understand Software development Life Cycle.
• Knowledge of system architecture.
Education: BE/ B.Tech, ME/ M.Tech
WD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: WD is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at WD are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, family, parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.