Buyer 2, Procurement
- Batu Kawan, Simpang Ampat, Penang, Malaysia
- Business Function: Procurement
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital. We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, storage was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, SanDisk®, and WD® brands.
Champions the procure to pay process starting with adhering to sourcing strategy, supplier capacity assurance, placing purchase orders to fulfill business needs, ensuring on time delivery and streamlining payment process
Duties & Responsibilities
Processes purchase orders
- Processes orders accurately within established cycle times, sourcing allocation and existing contracts.
- Manages purchase and expedites as required to ensure on time deliveries for Mass Production, NPI builds, component qualification schedules and constraint list which includes order confirmation, forecast & capacity commit, quality resolution, receiving & Accounts Payable related issues.
- Mitigate excess & exposures through backlog rescheduling and inter-site rebalancing to achieve targeted inventory level (WOI) and adhering to Lock Volume (LV) for EOL models.
- Drive respective commodities and supplier towards Supply Program (ie: VMI & JIT).
- Ensures stakeholders & suppliers work in compliance with existing contracts, processes, policies, laws & regulations to ensure the behavior exhibited by the organization is honest, ethical, and professional.
- Participate in 1-2x key improvement projects/yearly on continuous improvements.
- Reports to Purchasing Manager.
- Works with commodity managers to understand the sourcing strategy by category and provides supplier performance feedback.
- Interacts with suppliers for forecast & capacity planning and expedite orders for supply assurance.
- Interacts with business unit leaders to understand BU needs for POs and receives feedback on suppliers.
- Collaborates with finance to streamline the payment process & contract compliance.
- Working knowledge of computer based skills (MS Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good purchasing acumen and ERP knowledge (Oracle Cloud, SAP).Ability to prepare purchasing related cook book.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to learn continuously and take up any new assignment given.
Bachelor Degree in any related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.