- Irvine, CA, USA
- Business Function: Marketing Communications
- Work Location: Irvine Office--LOC_WDT_USCA01
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
The Writing team is one of the primary functions within the Global Marketing Communications organization. As one of our technical writers, you’ll work with internal resources, interview users and technical staff and attend engineering meetings to gather, write and publish technical information for our varied audiences. Naturally, you have strong writing skills, as well as excellent communication and project management skills. You’re adept at synthesizing technical content from subject matter experts and creating materials that clearly explain the topic to end users. Collaborating with our other tech writers, product management, engineering, copywriters and QA, you will ensure our customer experience is exceptional and consistent from pre- to post-purchase.
You demonstrate a team-focused attitude, are willing to learn and work well under deadline-driven pressure. Familiarity with FrameMaker, InDesign, Excel, and RoboHelp is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create exceptional documentation, including product manuals, user guides, application notes and more
- Conduct interviews with users and technical staff and conduct research by reviewing specs, reading source code and testing procedures on prototype systems to gather data
- Document engineering processes and specifications
- Publish documents that adhere to team, corporate and QA standards
- Apply a collaborative, proactive and flexible approach to coming up with successful team solutions
- Manage a schedule of multiple projects with minimal supervision, prioritizing projects, communicating risks and setting expectations
- Collaborate with others in the Marketing Communications organization, to align with product launch activities
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of related experience, hardware documentation preferred
- Ability to write original technical content in a variety of authoring tools (experience with FrameMaker, InDesign, Excel and RoboHelp is required)
- Understanding of and experience with regulatory requirements
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work well under pressure
- Aptitude for learning new tools and technologies quickly
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience using Vasont CMS, WorkFront
- Experience working with SMEs in person and remotely
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity.
Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster. Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at [email protected]. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.