Technician 2, Engineering
- BangPa-In, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Thailand
- Business Function: Engineering Support
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 2--LOC_WDT_TH1412
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To develop and implement for new technology to meet the new customer requirement.
- To improve the yield, more reliable and robust process, and cycle time.
- To create and setup the monitoring system, OCAP, and improvement plan for the process control.
- To create and setup the Equipment/Process KPI to align with the company and the interested parties goal.
- To perform the equipment/process risk assessment.
- To improve the operating cost, in term of reduce consumption, qualify the new materials, and/or new suppliers.
- To perform the job per the assignment.
- To provide the proper training for Engineers, Supervisors, Technician and EO.
- Attend and pass certify the training requirement per equipment/process responsible.
- Attend and pass certify the special training for who is working on the special area and the special equipment such as working on the confined space area, work on XRF equipment, etc. per Thai legal requirement.
- Ensure commonality/standardization among same processes/system within related manufacturing sites.
- To supervise, control, and follow-up the working performance to resolve any products defect.
- To finalize and summarize the conclusion on any process issues, evaluations and experiments.
- To manage new products qualification per committed timeline.
- To encourage and drive WD global culture.
- To encourage and drive products quality culture.
- To encourage and drive EHS culture.
- Follow WDTH HR rules and regulations.
- Follow WDTH QMS procedures.
- Follow WDTH EHS procedures.
- Follow WDTH ESD procedures.
- Follow WDTH Cleaning & Contamination procedures.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Science, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent.
- At least 0-4 years in related position.
- Work in HDD business especially slider fabricate process is advantage.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Coordination skill.
- Communication skill.
- Technical problem solving skill.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.