Junior Python Developer
- BangPa-In, Thailand
- Business Function: Data Engineering
- Work Location: BangPa-In Building 1--LOC_WDT_TH1411
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
As a Python Developer you will be responsible for maintaining and writing robust, performant, and maintainable Python code to support all phases of analytics application development, including database interactions, data cleaning, machine learning, visualization, testing, process automation, web application development, containerization, and service deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work across functions with stakeholders in IT, Engineering, Operations, and Analytics to become a subject matter expert and valued resource for Python software development to support critical business functions.
- Act as a bridge between the key analytics stakeholders, including business users, IT and data infrastructure specialists, machine learning specialists, and dashboard developers, ensuring non-overlapping skill sets can combine into practical and sustainable software solutions.
- Maintain, refactor, optimize, develop, and architect new and existing code, whatever is required to maximize business value from these solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science / Engineering, or equivalent. M.S. are welcome, but not required.
- Strong understanding of Python 3 concepts and fundamentals, including syntax, common data structures, testing, and functional and object-oriented programming basics. Submission of example work may be required.
- Working knowledge of common included packages, preferably including common packages used in analytics, such as numpy, pandas, matplotlib, and sqlalchemy, along with popular web and API frameworks such as fastapi, flask, dash, or django.
- 1-3 years of experience in Python 3 software development.
- Familiarity with Docker or other containerization platforms.
- Familiarity with git-based version control.
- Strong passion to learn: the desire and capability to learn will be more significant to success at WD than pre-existing knowledge for this position.
- Strong analytical thinking, with strong attention to detail and willingness to pursue data consistency and quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English, and ability to work in cross-cultural teams.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.