- Bangalore, India
- Business Function: Firmware Engineering
- Work Location: Bangalore PTP Office (IBP)--LOC_WDT_IBP
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk,
G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most
prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great
value from the data they possess.
Innovating at the Boundaries of Technology: Whether in your pocket, home, car, or the cloud, its likely
Western Digital is with you every step of the way. It's a responsibility we don't take lightly. That's why we are
always at the cusp of innovation, pushing the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible. The next big thing in data is you! Shape the future
& define what's possible. Come shape the future with us. For more information about us, please visit us at
In this position, the individual will be responsible for following responsibilities:
• Designing, implementing, debugging firmware for the next generationof Enterprise SSDs
• HW Interface drivers, algorithmdesignand implementation
• Customer Vendor Unique commands, unit level bench testing
• Contribute to the SSD firmware andplay a significant role in delivering next generation Enterprise SSDs to market
• Work with the firmware Architects, ASIC and flash media teams on a daily basis
• Design and implement firmware algorithms needed to achieve best in class performance goals
• Typically, programsin high level languages (C)
• Reporting the status of the project executionon a regular basis to senior management
• Develop characterization and evaluationprograms for new products
• Support failure analysis on test systems
• Requires BE/BTech degree or equivalent or higher.
• Embedded C/C++ and assembly language experience required
• Must have strong problem-solving skills; experience using logic and protocol analyzers is preferred
• Having experience with FTL and NAND flash or protocols like PCIe-NVMe/SATA/SAS is highly desirable.
• The ideal individualmust have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
• Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work wellwith people.
• Proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
• Ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Prior experience of Architecture/design/Bring up on new generation SOC/ASIC will be definite plus.
• Deep understanding of Storage Stack/Data path is desirable.
• Experience of havingdelivered " End to End Storage Stack" on Leading Edge/NEW hardware will be preferable.
WD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: WD is committed
to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work
environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at WD are based on business needs,
job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, family,
parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.