Technologist, Data Engineering
- San Jose, CA
- Business Function: Data Engineering
- Work Location: San Jose Great Oaks Headquarters--LOC_WDT_USCA23
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand existing business flow and product features, dive into the underlying data including numeric/categorical data, images and text, apply relevant Data Mining techniques and/or Machine Learning algorithms and propose data analytic approach to improve product quality and process efficiency.
- Implement the applicable Machine Learning or statistics-based algorithm for prediction and optimization and deliver the trained model to production
- Design, build and support algorithms of data transformation, conversion, computation on Hadoop and other distributed Big Data Systems
- Work closely with key business stakeholders.
- Communicate key analytic findings within the business and to senior stakeholders.
- Research, explore, and enable new quantitative techniques and technologies in data science.
- Drive thought leadership and embrace emerging industry innovation.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.
Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity. Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.