Senior Supervisor, Production
- San Jose, CA
- Business Function: Manufacturing
- Work Location: San Jose Great Oaks Headquarters--LOC_WDT_USCA23
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital. We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, storage was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, SanDisk®, and WD® brands.
The Manufacturing Supervisor functions as a leader coordinating between manufacturing, maintenance, process and equipment engineering teams in planning and improving down time, process efficiency and production of high quality wafers.
In addition, the Manufacturing Manager will often be directly involved in the resolution of tooling or processing issues and may recommend, document and implement changes at the direction of the appropriate engineering group. The Manufacturing Supervisor will also play a vital role to improve throughput and risk mitigation for the manufacturing line.
Manage a department of 30 to 45 reports engaged in the production of thin-film/ photolithography/wet etch processes. Provide leadership and direction to shift operators and leads toward the attainment of production goals. Maintain oversight of the production process and drive resolution of problems that arise. Adapt to changes on the fly and pursue alternate paths, when necessary to achieve objectives:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain staffing levels needed to meet production/non production schedules
· Plan and execute training strategies to ensure coverage of assigned operations
· Monitor production requirements to ensure priorities are communicated and addressed
· Identify and drive resolution of problems that could impact output or quality
· Monitor tool performance as needed and react to out-of-control situations
· Work with PE, Tool Owners and/or Maintenance teams to address tooling/process issues
· Ensure employees are hired, promoted and compensated consistent with company policies
· Track employee performance to ensure expectations are being met
· Provide timely coaching to develop and enhance the performance of your direct reports
· Conduct periodic performance reviews and ensure assessments are fair, consistent
· Address performance problems in a timely fashion and take appropriate action(s)
· Ensure the consistent application of appropriate disciplinary actions, when warranted
· Provide coaching/direction to wafer operators and leads
· Help promote and implement “Lean” manufacturing concepts; champion Kaizen events
Preferred Education Background or Equivalent Experience (5+ years in wafer fabrication):
Bachelors of Science or higher in either the following:
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Data Analysis or Statistics
- Chemistry or Physics
Preferred Qualifications or Equivalent Experience:
- Knowledge and familiarity of semiconductor wafer manufacturing processes (thin film deposition, ion mill, reactive ion etch, electroplating, photolithography, metrology, sputter etch, sputter deposition) and logistics
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control systems, applications and rules
- Knowledge of MESA or similar Shop floor Control Systems
- Able to extract, summarize, interpret and present process data
- Able to apply process data to decision making
- Knowledge and familiarity of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing Principles and DMAIC processes
- Proficiency or experience with SQL or similar query languages
- Proficiency or experience with Excel, and PowerPoint
- Management or supervisory experience
- Leadership qualities and experience
- History of problem solving; able to drive problems to resolution
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity.
Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster. Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at [email protected]. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.