SSD Planning - Supervisor (Test Module)
- Batu Kawan, Simpang Ampat, Penang, Malaysia
- Business Function: Production Planning
- Work Location: Seberang Perai Office--LOC_SNDK_Seberang Perai Office
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ability to lead a team of IPPC (Production control planners) to Plans, schedules, coordinates and/or monitors final delivery of products through the complete production cycle
2. Works from published loading forecast and production readiness to establish production schedules, loading plans within capacity requirements
3. Responsible for production planning and fulfillment, including the required changes to loading plans up to managing daily shipments according to backlog in a timely fashion.
4. Daily monitoring of WIP performance to ensure WO close on timely manner to meet shipment needs.
5. Daily clearance/ update of past due work order to ensure overall MRP is driven correctly
6. Working with and drive cross functional teams to accomplish KPI e.g. build plan execution, OTD, inventory management, cycle time performance and MLT.
7. Responsible to work with cross functional teams on ECO/ Quality/ Rework excursions.
8. Responsible for daily/ weekly/ monthly/ quarterly reporting for KPI areas.
9. Initiate & Drive improved Business or system process(es) to close gaps for continuous improvements.
10. Manage Internal/ External Audits for Planning Process (es) as assigned.
11. Coach and provide guidance for Junior Planners to excel in their tasks/responsibilities.
· BS/ BA degree or equivalent with 3 or more years of related experience. **
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with good command of English
· Experience of SAP, I2, Oracle and MES (Manufacturing Execution System) is an added advantage
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites & Mathematics, especially in the Area of Statistics/Analysis,
· Understanding of Business or Manufacturing Operations & Knowledge of Supply Chain
· Basic Knowledge for Data Visualization
· A committed team player with Ability to thrive under challenging environments and motivates others to meet goal
· A dynamic driver who is highly motivated and a result oriented creative thinker.
· Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment, in-depth knowledge and understanding of department strategic objectives and goals.
· Excellent Organizational Skills with Good Written and Oral Communication Skills,
· Attention to Detail, Speed, Accuracy, Computer Literacy
· Multi – tasker with Superior Problem Solving Skills & Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
· Ability to work under minimum supervision