Staff Engineer, Firmware Engineering
- Bangalore, India
- Business Function: Firmware Engineering
- Work Location: Bangalore SNDK Office--LOCATION-3-265
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for analyzing, designing, coding and debugging firmware for the next generation removable products (SD, PCIe SSD). The individual will be engaged in the embedded firmware development with emphasis on Flash Translation Layer / Low Level NAND interactions.
- Analysis, design, programming, debugging, troubleshooting, and modification of device firmware.
- Work often involves developing FW schemes involving complex algorithms and data structure refinements.
- Proficiency in C Programming Language
- Experience working with embedded firmware, experience developing (design, implementation, debug)
- Knowledge on SATA Protocol
- Experience using code development tools (emulators, trace, version control, compilers, and linkers)
- Analyzing firmware defects, identifying root cause, and implementing corrective actions
- Experience of working on complex algorithms and data structures
- Excellent analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering with 5 or more years of development experience
- Knowledge of storage domain, NAND and Flash Translation Layer would be preferred
- Hands on experience on Bug Reporting Tools like JIRA, Source Control Tools like GIT
- Good Verbal and Written Communication
- Knowledge on some scripting language like Python will be helpful
- Mindset towards delivering the Highest Quality product to the customer
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.