Principal Engineer, Software Development Engineering (Apps)
- Bangalore, India
- Business Function: Software Development Engineering (Apps)
- Work Location: Bangalore PTP Office (IBP)--LOC_WDT_IBP
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
● Design and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services such as IoT Core, API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB and EKS.
● Design, Develop and enhance video surveillance as a service (VSaaS) system, built primarily in AWS using native AWS technologies.
● Design and develop multi tenancy models, hybrid cloud solutions with On-Premise support.
● Design and develop networking, security and compliance best practices.
● Develop a framework for AWS Managed services cost estimation and optimization.
● Help build and enhance a scalable and reliable cloud powered IoT application capable of reliably processing/streaming very large volumes of data/media and include thousands of connected cameras.
● Drive requirement analysis, architecture, detailed design, task breakdown and effort estimations.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.