Specialist 3, Employee Relations
- Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
- Business Function: Employee Relations
- Work Location: Bayan Lepas PN1--LOC_WDT_MY0703
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Specialist 3, Employee Relations
Location: Bayan Lepas, Penang
Req Id: JR-00000
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform plant wide employee communication via different channels & platforms
- Plan, edit, write & design content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, e-TV, email bulletin.
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior managers
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Collect, crunch, analyze and consolidate HR data to be depicted in summarized format.
- Manage and coordinate company HR events & employee engagement program
- Review existing policies, procedures, guidelines and propose changes if required for the improvement on the overall Human Resource Policies and procedures particularly Employee relation & Employee Engagement.
- Assist Human Resources Delivery(HRD) Head to develop and maintain industrial peace and harmony through fair and equitable enforcement of industrial relations policies and establishment of effective communication channels with the trade union at all levels
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant discipline
- Proven experience with minimum 5 - 8 years of direct working exposure in similar capacity and multicultural company background
- Microsoft Office, employment related acts, influencing skill
- Strong employee’s communication background
- Significant experience in data analysis (minimum intermediate Excel level)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Exposure to RBA / Labor Compliance will be an added advantage.
- Self-driven and strong ability to work independently and with minimal supervision in IR execution and decision
- Possesses strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Capable to spearhead, drive, coordinate HR projects & events
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Good proficiency in English and Malay language as message to employee has to be clear and easy to understand.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Creative ability to devise communication strategies Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, technological savvy especially digital and video means of communication
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.