Director, Manufacturing Engineering
- Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
- Business Function: Manufacturing Engineering
- Work Location: Bayan Lepas PN1--LOC_WDT_MY0703
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
BROAD FUNCTIONS :
- Responsible for managing the MO sputter process engineering group. Provide direction and guidance on the process group on strategy, goal and objective.
- Responsible for key engineering indicator to support sputter utilization and sputter through test yield.
- Responsible to provide engineering support to qualify and ramp new products.
- Responsible for reporting problems or conditions which may result in the failure of equipment or processes which may jeopardize the safety and health of themselves or their fellow workers
- Duplicate GO Sputter Process to attain BIC drive performance
- Ramp sputter process from NPI to production stage with good sputter process capability.
- Maintain and improve sputter process to attain high quality sputter disks with high sputter utilization.
- Continuous improvement on sputter process key performance indicators (Guzik, magnetic and carbon overcoat parameters).
- Fine-tuning of sputter process settings with yield improvement activities to achieve optimum yield/magnetic performance.
- PMR, MAMR/HAMR sputter development with GO sputter R&D team.
- Management of target material to achieve optimum cost vs. sputter utilization.
- Sputter process optimization with product engineering/head media engineering to optimize media/drive yield and sputter utilization.
- Work with GO sputter R&D groups on process development activities in PN.
- Management of specialized sputter analytical tools (XRR/XRD/XRF/ESCA) to support advanced sputter analysis requirements.
- Target Inventory management
- Assist in qualification of second source target suppliers.
- Follow safety and health rules and use of personal protective equipment provided for the protection.
- Regardless of the extent of injury, damage or loss, to report accidents or incidents to immediate supervisor. And EHS Safety Team
- Visits to key suppliers and other facilities
- Participate in cross functional team activities.
- Vendors visit / evaluation and new equipment buy off.
- Setup support plan for new facilities qual and new product introduction program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interface with support teams – Non-sputter Engineering/NPI/Quality/IT/HR/REO/SQE/PC/IE teams.
- Targets vendors
Academic Qualification :
- Minimum degree in engineering or Professional/Tertiary qualifications in Business, technical or operations discipline
Experience and Skills Required :
- Experience in sputtering process
- Minimum of 10 years experience in various aspects of management – Operations, Quality, Finance and Human Resources in the electronic industry.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.