Technician 2, Engineering
- Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
- Business Function: Engineering Support
- Work Location: Bayan Lepas PN1--LOC_WDT_MY0703
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
- Perform all types of Guzik spindstand testing – zKSC, zWater, zATI, Saturation, ADC, and etc.
- Ensure no delay in DET testing and that the test results are available on time.
- Ensure the measurement is consistent and stable, and that the data is valid as well.
- Compile and upload data to Online SPC.
- Perform daily DET reference health check.
- Continuously update DET TAT and other necessary trackings.
- PN1-PN2 cross plants travelling to support whenever required
- Perform head change whenever required
- Perform tester conversion buyoff as well as some minor tester troubleshooting
- Trigger MRE engineers and/or Sputter SSE whenever having testing difficulties that will cause delays
- Constantly provide feedback and frequent status update to the MRE engineers as well as Sputter SSE
- Support reference generates and head screening activities
- Perform and maintain MRE lab 7S and follow all safety and health rules
- Carry out all jobs/tasks as assigned by Shift Leaders and Engineers.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.