Facilities Engineering and Project Manager/Sr. Manager
- Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
- Business Function: Facilities
- Work Location: Bayan Lepas PN1--LOC_WDT_MY0703
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
- Oversight on all engineering improvements especially those related to ITP and potential ITP
- Oversee on the ERM covering the PDCA on energy management.
- Lead and manage technical solutions engaging both customers and REO cross site teams.
- Carry out engineering analytics
- Leads the integration of facility initiatives and ensure facility resources align with and meet business needs
- Develop and implement facilities design & installation for energy conservation plans to enable better capital investment and lower CPD
- Review and oversee facility capacity support to meet production demands.
- Oversight, managing and organizing on all BU projects planning, scheduling and execution
- Involved in the project management spanning from engineering, procurement, construction to commissioning of facilities
- Manage mFJR request from internal customer including BU Capital projects and plan necessary resources to support the activities.
- Manage and oversee contractor’s job scope, cost, quality, delivery and payment. Also support Purchasing for key facilities contractor selection.
- Develop and execute facilities project action plans with Purchasing, Finance, Engineering and IE to achieve targeted budget
- Implements common facilities project standards.
- Establish schedule for tender purposes, projects budgets and detailed project schedule activity
- Monitor procurement delivery and certify sub-contractor’s progress reports for payments
- Work with the construction team in monitoring variation orders and inform management of any deviations
- Ensure timely completion of projects and budgetary control over projects expenses in term of materials and manning levels
- Ensure all design works are conform to the codes and standards, safe and carried out in a safe manner
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.