Technologist, Firmware Engineering
- San Jose, CA
- Business Function: Firmware Engineering
- Work Location: San Jose Drive Engineering Office--LOC_WDT_USCA08
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
- Cross functional design phase input and review
- Triage protocol issues for entire stack on a SAS fabric based platform product.
- Responsible for implementing storage based algorithms on a platform level.
- Implement drivers in Linux environment.
- Analyze and characterize designs via engineering verification testing
- Support of New technologies - development, characterization and integration
- Sustain in field Firmware issues.
- Problem solving at all phases of product development
- Analyze existing test process for System development and test process development
- Yield improvement
- Reliability improvement
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.
Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity. Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.