Clinical Dietitian 2022-78
- 725 Coursol Rd, Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 2Y6, Canada
The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with 99 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program.
The West Nipissing General Hospital collaborates with the Ontario Telemedicine Network to provide consultations and follow-up visits with specialists. In addition, Ontario Telemedicine Network hosts numerous education events for both staff members and physicians. The West Nipissing General Hospital offers a satellite Oncology program through the Regional Cancer Program of Northeastern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre. Chemotherapy services are provided to the residents of West Nipissing
The Clinical Dietitian will assume responsibility for identifying nutritional problems, assessing the nutritional status of patients, developing care plans and monitoring the effectiveness of dietary changes to prevent nutritional-related disorders for our inpatients and our Interim Long Term Care.
Status: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME
Department: Clinical Nutrition
Shift: Monday to Friday day shifts (hours are subject to change)
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $35.42 - $45.13 as per OPSEU Collective Agreement
- Accredited undergraduate degree in dietetics with completed dietetic internship
- Member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Member of Dietitians of Canada would be an asset
- Related experience an asset
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Computer proficiency is a requirement
- Related experience a requirement
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Up to date immunizations required, including COVID-19