Registered Nurse 2021-46
- 725 Coursol Rd, Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 3J5, Canada
The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program.
The West Nipissing General Hospital collaborates with the Ontario Telemedicine Network to provide consultations and follow-up visits with specialists. In addition, Ontario Telemedicine Network hosts numerous education events for both staff members and physicians. The West Nipissing General Hospital offers a satellite Oncology program through the Regional Cancer Program of Northeastern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre. Chemotherapy services are provided to the residents of West Nipissing
The Registered Nurse provides safe, quality nursing care to patients/residents, and is an integral part of the Health care team. The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents all nursing care of patients in accordance with policies and professional nursing standards.
Status: Permanent, Part-Time X 2
Department: Nursing Care Unit
Shift: Days, evenings, nights, weekends
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $33.90 - $48.53 per hour (as per ONA Collective Agreement)
- Current Certification of Registration – College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current IV Therapy Certification
- Current BCLS/ ACLS Certification is an asset
- Related experience is an asset
- Advanced proficiency in the use of a computer with the ability to learn hospital specific software (Meditech, etc)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team