Payroll/Finance Clerk 2021-41
- 725 Coursol Rd, Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 3J5, Canada
The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program.
The West Nipissing General Hospital collaborates with the Ontario Telemedicine Network to provide consultations and follow-up visits with specialists. In addition, Ontario Telemedicine Network hosts numerous education events for both staff members and physicians. The West Nipissing General Hospital offers a satellite Oncology program through the Regional Cancer Program of Northeastern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre. Chemotherapy services are provided to the residents of West Nipissing
The Payroll/Finance Clerk performs a broad range of accounting activities, analysis, budgeting, and reporting to support the operations of the Hospital. This position is also responsible for the processing and administration of the payroll functions.
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Shift: Days (37.5 hours per week)
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset
Salary: $28.24 - $29.67 per hour.
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related field
- Professional Accounting designation or working towards designation an asset
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in accounting/finance
- Payroll certification or willingness to obtain with two (2) years
- Payroll experience an asset
- Experience working in a healthcare environment an asset
- Advanced computer proficiency (Microsoft Office applications) required
- Understanding of MoHLTC reporting system an asset
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated superior problem solving, data interpretation, and decision-making skills
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work in a team setting