Dietary Aide/Cook 2021-40
- 725 Coursol Rd, Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 3J5, Canada
The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program.
The West Nipissing General Hospital collaborates with the Ontario Telemedicine Network to provide consultations and follow-up visits with specialists. In addition, Ontario Telemedicine Network hosts numerous education events for both staff members and physicians. The West Nipissing General Hospital offers a satellite Oncology program through the Regional Cancer Program of Northeastern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre. Chemotherapy services are provided to the residents of West Nipissing
The Dietary Aide/ Cook performs a variety of duties involving the preparation, production and delivery of meals to patients, residents, staff and visitors and works in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Status: PERMANENT, PART-TIME
Department: Food Services
Shift: Days, evenings, nights, weekends
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: Dietary Aide: $22.66 - $23.54 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement Cook: $24.01 - $25.08 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement)
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Food Service Worker Certificate an asset
- Food Handler Training Certificate a requirement
- As per the MOHLTC legislative requirements, a Cook must have chef training or a culinary management diploma a requirement
- Cook experience is a requirement
- Related experience an asset
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direct supervision as well as collaboratively within a team