- 725 Coursol Rd, Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 3J5, Canada
The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program.
The West Nipissing General Hospital collaborates with the Ontario Telemedicine Network to provide consultations and follow-up visits with specialists. In addition, Ontario Telemedicine Network hosts numerous education events for both staff members and physicians. The West Nipissing General Hospital offers a satellite Oncology program through the Regional Cancer Program of Northeastern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre. Chemotherapy services are provided to the residents of West Nipissing
The Phlebotomist performs a variety of laboratory duties primarily the collection of blood samples and works in compliance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Medical Laboratory Technician Diploma and/or MLPAO member.
Preference will be given to certified applicants. If candidate had completed a Medical Laboratory Technician program and is eligible for certification, they will be considered if writing the exam within 18 months of hire.
Job Status: Permanent, Part-Time
Shift: Days, evenings, weekends, on-call
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary Range: $25.58 - $29.44 as per OPSEU Collective Agreement
- Related experience an asset
- Computer proficiency a requirement with the ability to learn and operate Hospital specific software applications
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision in all laboratory sectors
- Proven ability to work in a team setting