RPN/Case Counsellor 2021-35
- 725 Coursol Rd, Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 3J5, Canada
The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program.
The West Nipissing General Hospital collaborates with the Ontario Telemedicine Network to provide consultations and follow-up visits with specialists. In addition, Ontario Telemedicine Network hosts numerous education events for both staff members and physicians. The West Nipissing General Hospital offers a satellite Oncology program through the Regional Cancer Program of Northeastern Ontario Regional Cancer Centre. Chemotherapy services are provided to the residents of West Nipissing
The Mental Health Counsellor assists in the delivery of case management services to individuals age 16 and over in the community and works in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Department: Alliance Centre
Shift: Days, evenings
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) is a requirement
Salary: $35.07 to $44.68 as per OPSEU Collective Agreement
- Registered Practical Nurse / Registered Nurse, with Medication Administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related health care field
- Member in good standing with an affiliated college
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in mental health and treatment services
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and with community resources
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of a computer and MS Office applications