- 5448 Oakview Dr, Allentown, PA 18104, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist terminal personnel with all functions relating to the terminal including painting, electrical, plumbing, equipment concerns, janitorial duties such as sweeping, vacuuming, washing, dusting, and mopping the Terminal facility and driving the company van.
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-listed position.
• Operate company van and transport company drivers within the area to designated locations such as motels, bus stations, truck stops, and airports.
• Pick-up supplies for terminal staff at various locations.
• Performs janitorial duties such as sweeping, vacuuming, washing, dusting, and mopping areas such as break rooms, offices, showers, guardhouse, and bathrooms within the terminal.
• Collects and discards trash from the office area.
• Clean out trucks and remove and store driver belongings as required.
• Performs general maintenance repairs in the facility including: painting, minor plumbing, and minor electrical; and assist with lawn care and snow removal.
• Constructs and re-configures office furniture such as bookshelves, desks, equipment cases, picnic tables, etc.
• High school graduate or equivalent experience.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
• One to two years general maintenance repair experience preferred.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.