Weekend Fleet Coordinator - Part-Time
- 14507 Frontier Rd, Omaha, NE 68138, USA
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
The main purpose of this position is the continued management and coordination of our professional drivers through various system and communication platforms during weekend operations. Knowledge for this position must encompass the product lines used within the Van Network, including the iseries applications, in-cab device communications, and telephone communication system. The employee must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and to think critically in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Supply elite support to the professional drivers during the weekend hours. Manage a network of 150-300 drivers through the use of in-cab messaging, telephone calls, and face to face interaction.
Coach drivers through concerns that they may encounter, including but not limited to ontime service, hours of service, time off requests, safety or hometime routing, directions, pay and productivity, swaps, permits, lumpers, advances, and equipment needs.
Track drivers using iseries through the entire load process from the load assignment/pre-assignment stage until delivery is complete. Initiate proactive plans to maximize the fleet’s productivity and profitability, while also ensuring a safe and legal service product to our customers.
Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
• Knowledge of transportation industry and terminology usually gained through practical experience and on-the-job training.
• Knowledge of Van Network policies and practices as well as DOT regulations with regards to the trucking industry.
• Excellent listening, decision making, communication and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and in a courteous and professional manner over the telephone and in person
• Knowledge of the Werner Portfolio and various Business Units
• Ability to analyze data and reporting and develop ideas for continuous improvement.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
• Skill in operation a PC (Windows and Excel), multi-line telephone, and various office equipment
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
• Six months to one year previous dispatch experience preferred.
• Mid-range AS400 and P.C. computer experience preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.